Saturday, July 28, 2012

Summer Color Block - BH Cosmetics 120 Color Palette


I used colors from the 120 color palette: using yellow on the inner corner, orange, red, and hot pink on the top lid moving out toward my outer corner and blending in the crease. The bottom lash line has colors from the palette of green, teal and blue, with a little yellow in the inner corner brought down to the inner lash line.  I lined the top and bottom lash line with black eyeliner and finished with 2 coats of mascara to complete the look. I blended 2 blushes from the blush palette on the cheeks
















BH Cosmetics is hosting a contest on their website.  I decided to enter, just for fun and thought I'd share my entry with you here!  I used their 120 Color Eyeshadow Palette (2nd Edition), Their 10 Color Blush Palette, and their 66 Color Lip Gloss Palette.

All of these products were purchased by me, and I am receiving no compensation of any type for this posting.

For those who don't know, BH Cosmetics is a makeup company that makes really affordable cosmetics and they are most known for their eyeshadow palettes. They are really fun if you want to create a variety of looks, but don't want to break the bank doing it.

All of the eyeshadow used in this look were from BH Cosmetics and can be easily duplicated using any highly pigmented bright eyeshadow.

As many of you know, color blocking is really popular right now in fashion, and the look has now also translated over to makeup.  This is my take on a fun summer color blocked eye:



 This gloss is from the BH Cosmetics 66 Color Lip Gloss palette, topped with a clear gloss for extra shine.


 Closes up of the eyes


I think this would be a really fun summer look to try.  For an even more daring look, I could have gone further up on the lid with the colors, and further down with the shadow leaving the rest of the skin bare and the lips pale to really make the eyes pop.  I used a white eyeshadow base from NYX to help make the bright colors show up brighter. I recommend using some sort of a base when you are working with these shadows to give the colors something to adhere to. I used colored eye pencils underneath the powered shadow in some areas to help intensify the effect.
Here is the finished look!  I hope you enjoyed this post! Leave any comments in the comment box below. Comments/suggestions/questions are highly encouraged!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions are highly encouraged. However please refrain from posting links to other sites. I cannot always respond personally to every post, but appreciate and read them all.