Here are the brushes that I have:
- Cruelty Free Angled Brush #8 ($13): This brush is AWESOME for applying eyebrow powder and shaping your brows. This has become my go to brow brush because of the angle, size and stiffness of the bristles.You can use it to apply brow powder, brow wax or eyeliner.
- Cruelty Free Contour Brush ($15): This is a stand out for me among the brush line. I think this is a really great blending brush, and blends eyeshadow perfectly every time. The bristles are really soft and the dome shape of the head makes it perfect for blending out harsh edges.
- Cruelty Free Eye Liner Brush ($9): I like this brush for gel liners. Just dampen it with a little water, dip it into your gel liner pot and draw the perfect line of color. This brush can be used dry or wet to create different effects. I find I use it most for applying dry powder shadow to my bottom lash line.
- Cruelty Free Blush Brush ($18): Another stand out brush for me, this is truly a multipurpose brush. 100% Pure Cosmetics advertises this as a vegan blush brush, but when I first got it I used it to apply liquid foundation and it gave me a beautiful airbrushed finish. I've also used it to apply powder bronzer & blush and have found that it works equally as well for all 3 tasks. So, I think you are really getting 3 brushes in one here, because it does all 3 jobs quite well.
- Cruelty Free Eye Shadow Brush ($12): This is a flat shader brush perfect for packing on color to the lid. If you prefer long handle brushes, you'll love this one.
First up is the Blush Brush:
I love this picture (above) because you can really see how dense the bristles are here. The bristles are so super soft, you would never guess these brushes are synthetic. These brushes are just more proof as to why it's totally unnecessary to kill animals for brushes (or anything for that matter).
Next up is the Eyeshadow Brush:
Note the long handle and long flat bristles. This could also double as a concealer brush.
Here is the Eyeliner Brush:
Like the others, this brush also has a nice long white handle.
Angled Brush #8:
I've juxtaposed the bristle head with my index finger to show you size. I think this is the perfect size for most eye shapes. I hate when companies make their blending brushes too big, not everyone has giant size eyes. This one, is just the right size!
Here is a final look at all of the brushes together:
From left to right (pictured above): Blush Brush, Contour Brush, Angled Brush, Eyeshadow Brush, Eye Liner Brush
Overall, I really like these brushes a lot. I think these are very reasonably priced for what you are getting. It is important to note that not all synthetic brushes are created equal. I have made the mistake of purchasing brushes only to find them unusable. I've bought brushes from other companies that smell of paint or other oddities, or brushes that simply fall apart after one use. The brushes from 100% Pure Cosmetics are sturdy, well constructed brushes. They are easy to keep clean, do not shed and have a nice long handle.
If you are looking for a holiday gift for someone you know who likes makeup, or needs some brushes to start out her collection, this would be a great place to start without breaking the bank.These brushes are available for purchase on the company's website at:
I hope you enjoyed this review, and as always please feel free to ask questions in the comment box below.
*Note: These brushes were sent for consideration by the company. This does not in any way alter my review, all of my reviews are 100% honest. I never recommend a brush or product without using it personally first. I do not get paid to write reviews, and only write them in hopes of helping others to make good purchasing decisions.