Thursday, September 20, 2012

Urban Decay Smoked 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil Set

Smoked

Yesterday I teased you with a sneak peek at this set, and I am very happy to announce, that I have swatched the pencils as promised. If you missed my previous post, I'm talking about the BRAND NEW Urban Decay Smoked 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil Set!


As you may have learned in my previous posts, I am a huge fan of these pencils from Urban Decay.





What are they?  These are essentially eye pencils that are very:
            • Long lasting
            • Creamy 
            • Waterproof
            • Vibrant

 This travel-sized set is the perfect partner to the Urban Decay Smoked Palette. You can use these pencils as eyeliner, or blended out as a base for powder shadow. This jewel toned set comes with 6 richly pigmented shades including: Demolition, Uzi, Smog, Zero, Mainline and Empire.

These pencils are cruelty free, as Urban Decay does not test on animals and famously states on their packaging, "We don't do animal testing. How could anyone?"

Here is a closer look at the back of the package:

I'll do my best to describe the colors in my own words:

Swatched from left to right (below): Demolition which I would describe as a deep matte chocolatey brown, perfect as an everyday color, Uzi - a metallic duo chromed silver and blue shade that almost looks gray or pewter when applied, Smog - gold and very similar to the eyeshadow of the same name, Zero- black, Mainline a true matte blue and Empire an eggplant purple - matte to satin finish


















 And here's a closer look:


 This set retails for $38 and is available at www.urbandecay.com


As mentioned, they are travel size. To better illustrate the length, here is a picture of one in my hand (below):

I actually really appreciate the travel size, because they fit perfectly in my makeup bag without taking up much room. I find these sharpen best with the Grind House Double Barrel Sharpener available on www.urbandecay.com for $10, though any eye pencil sharpener will work.

I really love this set.  It's important to note that Mainline and Empire are exclusive to this set, so you can't purchase them separately. Uzi was brought back by popular demand, and I can see why. It's probably my favorite of the bunch because the color is so unique. While Urban Decay doesn't recommend putting anything directly on the waterline (soft wet tissue on the inner rim of your eye), I personally love their 24/7 pencils for this purpose. It's their waterproof nature that makes them such a good pick for that task, and as a contact lens wearer, this is one of the few pencil products that will actually stay on my waterline and not migrate on to my lenses.

Here is a final look at the super 6:

Will you be picking up this set?  Comments/Questions, leave them for me below, or drop me a comment on twitter @MakeupMatters1

Be sure to follow me for the latest in cruelty-free beauty (just click on my user name above)!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the swatches!

    Looks like Urban Decay's F&F sale starts tomorrow and I'm trying to decide whether to finish my UD pencil collection (3 more of their permanent line) and maybe also get these babies. Oy! I just hate to pay full price now when it's very likely they'll go sale later next year - unless they sell out.

    ReplyDelete

Comments/Questions are highly encouraged. However please refrain from posting links to other sites. I cannot always respond personally to every post, but appreciate and read them all.