Thursday, February 21, 2013

Tarte Cosmetics Spring 2013

Tarte Cosmetics - Spring 2013 
 
As you may know from previous posts of mine, I love makeup from Tarte CosmeticsIt's a brand I have used for a long time, and each season they come out with new products that always seem to impress me. While the snow is still melting outside, all I can think about is Spring!  For me, Spring makeup is all about fresh clean looking skin, dewy cheeks and garden inspired shadows. Needless to say, Tarte hit the nail on the head with this collection, and I am simply in love. 

Here is the line up:
  • Beauty & The Box Clay Eyeshadow Quad in Secret Garden
  • BB Tinted Treatment 12-hour Primer 
  • Cheek Stain in Awakening 

I purchased Tarte's BB Tinted Treatment 12-hour Primer in my shade (Fair), but also cashed in my VIB  points at Sephora to get the sampler set so that I could swatch all of the shades for you.  This BB cream/primer hybrid glides smoothly over the skin helping to create a smooth perfected appearance. Fair is the perfect match to my skin, and seems to be consistent with the color matching across their foundation line.This product contains broad spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen, and functions well on it's own, but works best under makeup as a primer with added coverage. It's oil-free, yet moisturizing making it a product that works well for all skin types. I was able to completely skip moisturizer when using this product, and my skin felt hydrated all day without ever getting oily.

Here are swatches with flash (top) and without (bottom):



Shades: Fair, Light, Medium and Tan

To help achieve the glowy look so popular for Spring, Tarte has added a new color to their cheek stain line called Awakening. This blush is described as a glowy nude with pink undertones. On my skin, it created the perfect natural looking flush. The finish is dewy, which is great for those with dry skin. This product is a stain, which means you never have to worry about it fading throughout the day.




To help achieve a natural look, you can emphasize your eyes with Tarte's Beauty & The Box Amazonian Clay Eyeshadow Quad in Secret Garden. This garden themed quad comes with four pigmented shimmery shades that blend well and compliment each other to create an effortless eye look.

 Pictured Above (from left to right): Sprout-shimmery pale gold, Goldenrod-shimmery antique gold, Fern-olive green with gold shimmer, Vine-a cool toned brown with gold shimmer

 I have a few of these boxed eyeshadows from Tarte, and I really love the packaging. Often when you get an eyeshadow quad, the outer boxed packaging that gets thrown away is pretty, but the the container that actually houses the shadows is often quite boring. Tarte does such a nice job of keeping the actual product packaging so pretty and feminine.  Although the box is a cardboard type packaging, I have thrown this in my purse and have never had it flip open on me. I just think this box screams SPRING!


I hope you enjoyed this peek at the Tate Cosmetics Spring 2013 line. If you have tried any of the new Tarte products, I would love to hear about it!




All products seen in this post were purchased by me, except for the VIB gift from Sephora mentioned above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions are highly encouraged. However please refrain from posting links to other sites. I cannot always respond personally to every post, but appreciate and read them all.