Thursday, December 19, 2013

Top 5 Drugstore Stocking Stuffers - A Cruelty-Free Beauty Blog Collab

All products in this post purchased by me 

Top 5 Drugstore Stocking Stuffers - A Cruelty-Free 
Beauty Blog Collab 

Happy Holidays!!!  It's that time again, when I collaborate with my fellow cruelty-free beauty bloggers Catherine from Buying Cruelty Free and Christine from Makeup Guinea Pig. In this post, we each chose 5 drugstore favorites that work great as stocking stuffers. Some of us wait until the last minute for our holiday shopping and get stuck waiting in horrible lines, or paying extra shipping to rush delivery on a gift. However with a little knowledge and creativity, you can find great makeup related gifts right at your local drugstore or beauty supply store.  These are products I have in my collection that I love and highly recommend. It's obviously difficult to pick out a foundation or concealer for someone, but color cosmetics can be universal if you know the right brands and colors to search for.

Here are my five drugstore stocking stuffer ideas:
  1. Wet n Wild and/or Physicians Formula eyeshadow palettes + a brush- I'm a big fan of the 8 and 3 pan eyeshadow palettes from Wet n Wild. For those nude eyeshadow lovers, try Physicians Formula Nude palette. Why not throw in a push liner brush, or any other eyeshadow brush single to add to the gift. 
  2. Milani and/or NYX Blush- Milani makes great baked blushes that work well on all skin tones. 
  3. Milani Color Statement Lipsticks- Toss in one, or bundle a few in festive shades.
  4. Real Techniques or Eco Tools Brushes- Make great stocking stuffers that won't break the bank.
  5. Milani Eyeshadow Primer-Toss this in the stocking solo, or pair it with an eyeshadow palette. 
 Eyeshadow Palettes & Brush: If the person you are shopping for loves color, Wet n Wild Color Icon eyeshadow trios and 8 pan palettes are a great buy. Check out Petal Pusher and I Got Good Jeans for palettes that will work well on all skin tones. If the person you are shopping for prefers nude eyeshadow looks Physicians Formula Nude eyeshadow palette has 9 shimmery shades, and the darker shadows work great as liners. Why not pair the palette with a push liner brush or any other brush single? Check out Eco Tools for a cruelty-free brush line that is sold at drugstores, Walmart and any other discount stores.






Blush: My favorite drugstore brands for blush are Milani Baked Blush and NYX Stick Blush. Shades like Hibiscus from NYX, will flatter light to medium skin tones.  Milani Baked Blushes in Dolce Pink and Luminoso flatter all complexions. Plus, they come with a mirror and brush for application on the go. You can tie them together with a pretty ribbon, because the gold packaging is festive enough, no wrapping required.





Lipsticks: I just love the Milani Color Statement Lipsticks. They come in a great variety of finishes and colors so you are sure to find something that works for that makeup lover on your list. My favorite picks for the season are Best Red, Sangria, D'Oro, Chocolate Berries and Orange-Gina.  These are super pigmented, long lasting and non-drying on the lips. The gold tube looks much more expensive than it is, which adds to the spirit of the season.




Brushes: You didn't think I'd write a blog post that didn't include brushes did you? If the receiver is anything like me, brushes are always a great gift to get. My favorites from the drugstore are Real Techniques and Eco Tools. You can buy a set and split it up, or buy individuals from either line. Favorites include the Expert Face Brush from Real Techniques and the Push Liner Brush from Eco Tools which I believe is sold as part of a set. Tie a couple together with some ribbon, and you're good to go.

 
Eyeshadow Primer: Some people don't splurge on extras like eyeshadow primer. This one from Milani works just as well as many high end brands on the market.  Pair it with one of the palettes mentioned above for an easy gift idea. This primer works on all skin tones, is lightweight and creates a smooth invisible layer for your eyeshadows to adhere to.  
 



I hope you enjoyed this look at my drugstore stocking stuffer ideas. Are you buying any beauty related gifts for someone?  Please share in the comments below. Don't forget to check out the posts from my fellow cruelty-free beauty bloggers Catherine from Buying Cruelty Free and Christine from Makeup Guinea Pig for more great stocking stuffer ideas.

* All products in this post purchased by me.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Liza! Oooh I forgot about the Milani blushes, I probably would've included them if I'd remember, they're so good. I love the Wet n Wild palettes, I included comfort zone, I had a feeling you might include one as well since you've written about them before :) I still haven't tried the Milani primer, I'm just making my way through all my others, but it's on my list. So are the Milani lipsticks. Anway, HAPPY HOLIDAYS, Liza! I'm so glad to have found your blog and been able to collab with you and Christine this year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend the Milani lipsticks and primer. I think I have almost every shade in their lipsticks now because I love them so much. I'm a big fan of the color and finish selection as well as the formula. Happy Holidays to you as well! It's been a great year. Looking forward to many more collabs in 2014!

      Delete
  2. You gotta love those wet n' wild palette sooo beautiful. I don't have the ones you mentioned & so now I must go pick them up. hehe. :D I have the milani lipliner in 'true red', & it's amazing. I wan't wait to try other lip products. have you tried the wet n' wild fergie eyeprimer? It's great. Thanks for sharing these wonderful ideas!
    xo Camila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have not tried the Fergie eye primer. I have so many eye primer back up tubes that I really can't justify buying another one, but I have been very curious. I'm happy to hear that you like it. I will keep it in mind next time I run out. Wet n Wild really puts together some great eyeshadow palettes. Which are your favorite? Let me know if you pick up any of the ones mentioned here. I'd love to know how you like them. Happy Holidays, and thank you for reading!

      Delete
  3. Happy Holidays Liza!!! :) I've had so much fun doing these collabs this year and I'm so glad to have found you and your blog!

    Such amazing picks too! I almost picked the NYX or Milani Blushes as well! I was also debating between the lip crayons I chose and the Milani Lipsticks because I totally agree that they're amazing! :) I hadn't given much thought to the fact that the packaging looks impressive as well. Always a nice bonus in a gift. :) I need to try the Milani Primer. I've heard lots of good things about it, but, like you, have too many backups of others as it is! And you definitely can't go wrong with Wet N Wild Eyeshadows or the brushes. I really love Real Techniques. I wish they had even more brushes available because I'm sure I'd buy them all! :)

    An excellent post, as always! If I don't hear from you before, I hope you have an amazing Holiday!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments/Questions are highly encouraged. However please refrain from posting links to other sites. I cannot always respond personally to every post, but appreciate and read them all.